As we head into a break of summer fun, here’s several things for you to do and to help with a smooth start when we return for Workshops and Band Camp on July 29nd.
Note: forms and other information can be found here, for future reference.
- Please read: it has all the info and program requirements that you will want to know.
- Please complete, sign, and return the Handbook Agreement Form.
- Please put all the dates on your calendar — all the football games, concerts, competitions, etc. are on that list for the 2019-20 school year.
Field Trip Form
- Please complete, sign, and return.
- We will need an original signature on this form.
Note: The Handbook form and the Field trip form can be dropped off to Sandy at the District Office anytime Monday through Thursday from about 7:30am to about 4pm from now until July 29th. If not, please bring them the first day of workshops! We leave for Band Camp on July 31st, so there’s not much time to remember when we return.
At the beginning of July, we will be sending another email that will include:
- Band Camp Packing List
- Band/Guard one-check donation form and link to the online form
Other Thoughts to Share:
- Please consider completing all the forms prior to July 29th. It’ll make for a smoother start for you and for us.
- The students will be hosting a bake sale every Sunday evening at Music in the Park at Memorial Park, so stop by, say, “Hi,” and buy some yummy goodies!
- Most sections will have sectionals during the summer break time where they get-to-know everyone and practice their marching and playing. Of course, these are optional, but they do have a ton of fun over the summer!
- Your students should continue practicing and being physically active during their time off. Marching for band and guard can be demanding both physically and mentally and if the kids continue to work at it over the summer, it’ll make for an easier transition to workshops and band camp and a stronger start to the season.
Volunteers Needed in July
We will need five or so parent helpers to help fit uniforms on the first two workshop days, Monday, July 29th and Tuesday, July 30th. We will begin at 11am and go through 12:30pm. No sewing or experience needed – only snaps for hemming. The more helpers we have, the more students get fitted for uniforms.
We will need one adult helper to staff the registration table collecting forms and payments on Monday and Tuesday, July 29th and 30th.
We will need two bus riders and a shuttle driver to get the students to Band Camp at Cal Poly Pomona on Wednesday, July 31st. The shuttle driver will need to follow the buses to Band Camp and then bring the bus riders and truck driver back to LCHS. We will leave at noon and return around 3:30pm. The shuttle driver should have a car/van that seats an additional four adults.
We will need the same number of adults on the return trip coming back from Band Camp on Friday, August 2nd. Adults will need to meet at LCHS at 1pm, and return to campus around 4pm.
If you have never been to Band Camp, now is the time to check it out and see where your student will be spending their time.
If you are interested in volunteering for one of the above, please let Sandy Miller know.