The Latest from the LCHS Instrumental Music Program
- water jug
- good cross-trainer shoes
Monday 6/4 – Thursday 6/7: 9am-12pm
- All Winds
Monday 6/4 – Thursday 6/7: 5:30-8:30pm
- Front Ensemble
Tuesday 6/5 and Thursday 6/7: 5-9pm
- Color Guard
This article was shared with us by a Senior parent. It’s worth a read!
Thursday, May 31st
- 8th Grade Promotion: HS Stadium
- 7th Grade Band will perform
- Dress is Concert Wear
- Please meet at Band Room at the start of the school day
- Graduation: 6pm
- 9-11 Band will perform
- Call time: 5:15pm at the field with instrument & music
- Dress is: “Look Nice!”
Happy First Unofficial Day of Summer! I can’t believe that I’ll be able to sleep in for a while! We had fun at our Awards Ceremony last Tuesday night. We sent off our Seniors in style, and I know that they have many great adventures in their futures! (Please come back to visit!) I wish for all a restful, fun, adventurous summer! I am starting to work, with the help of Orchestra Leadership and Orchestra members, on music and projects for next year. Some new items include a mentoring program for students new to Orchestra, summer sectionals, a workshop with Derrick Spiva (a wonderful LA composer), performances by guest artists, an Advanced Ensemble that will meet during STEP, and a weekend trip to San Diego in March! We still have all of our concerts, elementary tour, Winter Retreat, Festival, Concerto Concert, and Pops Concert. Whew!
Thank you, parents and students, for a fantastic year! I could not be prouder of you! Next year will be another great one!
Parents! We have had some wonderful responses from some of you to volunteer to help with Orchestra. Know that we can use YOU and value your contribution. Please let Yvonne Lim or Cecilia Cheng know if you can help us.
Have a GREAT summer!
Don’t go too far! Mini-camp starts next week: Monday, June 4th through Thursday, June 7th from 9am to 12pm! This includes all incoming Freshmen! Meet in the Band Room. See you then!
Seniors from Band, Orchestra, and Color Guard this year will receive a cord to wear at Graduation from the Instrumental Music Program. Please stop in and see Mr. Stone this week to pick it up!
Returns: If your 7/8 Orchestra student has borrowed a tux jacket, please have it cleaned and return to Mr. Myers prior to the end of the school year. Please attach a tag with their name.
Donations: If your 9-12 Orchestra or Band student is graduating (boys or girls), please consider donating their concert wear back to the program for future members to use. To donate, please have your student’s tux and/or dress cleaned and have your student hang it on the garment rack in the band hallway marked with their name.
Monday, May 21st
- Drumline Auditions: 5:30-7:30pm
Tuesday, May 22nd
- Color Guard Auditions: 3:30pm-5pm, South Gym
- Awards Night: LCHS Auditorium
- 9-12 Advanced Orchestra: 7pm
- 9-12 Band and Color Guard: 8pm
Wednesday, May 23rd
- Jazz Band Rehearsal: 6:30-8:30pm
Thursday, May 24th
- Color Guard Auditions: 3:30pm-5pm, South Gym
Friday, May 25th
- 9-12 Marching Band: Take uniforms and instruments home for parade on Monday
- Color Guard: Take equipment home for parade on Monday
- 7/8 Band: Take instruments home for parade on Monday
Sunday, May 27th: Jazz Band in the Park
- Join us in Memorial Park on Sunday evening starting at 6:15pm. The Jazz Band and several Chamber Singers will perform in the Park. As always, after their performance there will be fireworks! Come out and enjoy an evening in the Park!
- 4pm: Jazz Band meets at the Band Room
- 4:45pm: Jazz Band sets-up at the Park
- 6:15pm: Concert begins
- approx. 9pm: Fireworks
Monday, May 28th – Memorial Service and Parade
- The 9-12 Marching Band will perform at the service in the Park on Monday morning. The service begins at 9am.
- After the service, 7/8 Band will join the 9-12 Marching Band and Color Guard for the Fiesta Days Parade down Foothill Blvd. The Parade begins at 10:30am.
- 8:15am: Call time for 9-12 Marching Band at LCE
- Enter on La Canada Blvd.
- Full uniform – no shako, no gloves
- No instrument cases
- 9am: Service in the Park
- 10am: Color Guard and 7/8 Band meet at the parking structure next to Lanterman Auditorium
- Dress is 7/8 Band shirt and shorts/jeans
- Instruments only – No instrument cases can be left at the staging area, leave cases in the car
- 10:30am: Parade begins
- approx. 11:30am: Parade is over
- Both bands will be dismissed at the end of the parade (Foothill & Gould – by Round Table Pizza). Pick up your student there.
Water Volunteers Needed
- We will need 4 cases of water bottles delivered to the Park prior to the service.
- We will need 4 or 5 cases of water bottles in coolers with ice at the end of the parade (Foothill & Gould, by Round Table Pizza). Coolers can be dropped off in the morning prior to the parade and picked up at the end of the parade.
- If you are interested in donating water at either spot, please let Sandy know. Thanks in advance for your help.
This is your last chance to order gift cards prior to the end of the school year. The next Scrip gift card order is due on Friday, May 25th.
Graduation, Father’s Day, summer fun, college moving… There’s something for everyone! Remember, 1/2 of the profit from each sale goes to individual student accounts.
Please consider buying cards for regular purchases such as Target, Starbucks, CVS, Sprouts, and more. It’s an easy way to build up funds in individual student accounts.