The La Canada High School Music Parents Association (MPA) Proudly Supports the La Canada High School Instrumental Music Program.
The LCHS Music Parents Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MARCHING BAND AND COLOR GUARD
This pdf is a slightly altered version of Mr. Stone’s May 17, 2021 Parent Information session and Show Reveal presentation. The content has been modified with parents in mind, providing clarity where needed. It will be updated as suggested fixes are made. We hope this helps in your understanding of what Marching Band season and beyond looks like at LCHS.
Marching Band/Color Guard Info
Officers & Board Members
Contact information on this page is for MPA and school-related use only. No solicitations.
- President – Adam Kline
- Chief Financial Officer – Charles Thuss (Tom White, Assistant)
- Secretary – Genna Kern
- Vice President, Communications – Diana Jou
- Vice President, Fundraising –Rose Malmberg & Nora Kosenmaki
- Vice President, Special Events –Sue Mercer & Ines Ruan
- Vice President, Uniforms – Adam Kline
Board of Directors 2022-2023
- Accounts Receivable Treasurer – Octavia Thuss
- Field Show Competition Coordinator –Sue Joo
- Database Coordinator – Octavia Thuss
- Color Guard Representative – Liz Schwalbach
- Drumline Representative – Shannon Berry & Heather Lhotka
- Home Football Game Band Coordinator – Genna Kern & Shannon Berry
- Instrument Rental Representative –Helen Kim
- Truck Driver –OPEN
- Marching Band & Orchestra Concert Wear Representative -Jennifer Yen
- Orchestra Representative – Rose Malmber
- Jazz Band Representative – Sue Mercer & Ines Ruan
- Gift Card Coordinator – Cecilia Nava
- Poinsettia Sale Coordinator – Agnes Konefat
- Booster Raffle Ticket Manager – Christina Conwell
- 7/8 Band & Orchestra Representative – OPEN
- Music & Food Festival Co-Chairs – OPEN
2022 – 2023 Meeting Dates
- September 13 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- October 10 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- November 14 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- December 12 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- January 9 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- February 13 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- March 13 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- April 10 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
- May 8 — 7pm to 8pm (Zoom)
*Please check weekly newsletter for Zoom link
Board Meeting Minutes
Below, you’ll find downloadable PDF files of the approved Board Meeting Minutes.
If you have questions, please contact the MPA Secretary.
Board Meeting Minutes 2022-2023
Board Meeting Minutes 2021-2022
Board Meeting Minutes 2020-2021
Board Meeting Minutes 2019-2020
Board Meeting Minutes 2018-2019
Board Meeting Minutes 2017-2018
Board Meeting Minutes 2016-2017
Click here for the MPA Request For Reimbursement form.