November 22, 2019 – November 24, 2019
Housing and transportation for students is $230. This was a line item for registration at the beginning of the year.
If you haven’t yet paid for the Championship trip, now is the time. Please remember that this trip is not a fundraiser… the costs cover the expenses of the transportation to get to/from Clovis, two nights stay at the hotel, and a group meal. We have tried very hard to limit the expenses associated with the trip.
Checks can be made payable to LCHS MPA and placed in a envelope with the student’s name and deposited in the black box in the band room.
Your student will need to bring spending money for dinner at In-and-Out on Friday evening, lunch on Saturday, any souvenirs they want to purchase at the Championships site, and dinner on the way home.
Parents & Chaperones
Parents can attend as a traveler, or as a chaperone. It will be assumed you wish to be chaperone unless specified otherwise. If you wish to make alternative travel arrangements, please do so with the tour company directly.
Chaperone Duties Include:
- Being an “adult” presence
- Room checks
We have reserved a group of 10 rooms at Homewood Suites for parents. The group rate is $159/night. The band will be staying just across the driveway at Hampton Inn.
This year, you are able to reserve your room in the Parent Block online! Please follow the instructions below:
- Booking Link
- Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno Airport/Clovis
- Group Name: La Canada High School Band Parents
- Arrival Date: 22-Nov-2019
- Departure Date: 24-Nov-2019
We will need several bus riders for the trip to Clovis. Several of you have mentioned that you would be available and willing, but since Sandy didn’t keep a list and we need to finalize the bus lists, please send Sandy Miller a quick email and let her know that you are still planning on riding the bus.
As with all competitions, we will need parent helpers to help plume, gauntlet, and push equipment as well as crowd cheerers! Please consider making the drive to Clovis… The students will appreciate your support!
Please download the full itinerary here.
Please note that all students will travel to Clovis as a group on charter buses, and will stay as a group at Hampton Inn. All students have been assigned rooms per the rooming list sign up.
Your students will need to bring all their luggage and items they will need for the Championship trip to school with them on Friday morning. We will store the luggage in the back room throughout the day.
Students will have rehearsal immediately following the school day and then perform at the Friends & Family show, load the truck and bus and head to Championships in Clovis.
Please note that over the weekend, we will have two, maybe three performances. For each of these performances they will need long black socks, clothes for under the uniform, and their marching shoes. Please pack accordingly.
A special note about long black socks… Your student will need long black socks for the Friends & Family performance. Please be sure they have their socks easy to get to and not in their luggage. We will not have 92 extra pair of black socks because their socks are packed. Just throwing that out there. 🙂
PLEASE invite your friends, families, teachers and the community to the Friends & Family Show! Here’s a link to the event you can share.
Your students will need spending money for In-N-Out on Friday evening on the way to Clovis, lunch on Saturday at the mall, any souvenirs at Championships, and for food on the way home on Sunday.
Just a reminder that we will be staying in Clovis, but will be performing at Kingsburg High School in Kingsburg. It’s about 30 minutes south of Clovis.
Kingsburg High School
1900 18th Avenue
Kingsburg, CA 93631
$30 – Adults / $20 students
Cash and Credit will be accepted at the gate
Tickets are good for both days at all venues.
Keep your wristband on for access on both days!
1 wristband per person
Price is the same whether you buy on Saturday or Sunday
We will need volunteers to help on Friday evening prior to and after the Friends & Family Show as well as on Saturday at the competition and on Sunday. Please click on the sign-up link to donate food and other supplies or volunteer to help.
Friday, November 22nd
- 3:30-5:30pm: Final Championship Rehearsal, LCHS field
- 5:30-5:50pm: Change into full uniform, plumes & gauntlets
- 5:50pm: Warm-up on the field
- 6pm: FRIENDS & FAMILY PERFORMANCE!
- 6:30pm: Greet Family & Friends / Change / Load truck
- 8pm: Load Bus
- 8:30pm: Depart LCHS – Championship Bound!
- 9pm: Stop for food at In-N-Out, Valencia
- 1am: Arrive in Clovis, CA
- 1:30am: Lights Out! Go to Sleep! Performance tomorrow!
855 Gettysburg Ave.
Clovis, CA 93612
Saturday, November 23rd
- 7-9am: Free hot breakfast in hotel!
- 9-11am: Rehearsal at Sierra Vista Mall (next to the hotel)
- 11am: Load truck
- 11:45am: Lunch (on your own) at the Mall
- 2:30pm: Load bus
- 3pm: Depart Clovis for WBA Championships in Kingsburg, CA
- 3:30pm: Arrive Kingsburg HS, unload
- 5:30pm: Pre-show Dinner is served (dinner provided)
- 6:45pm: Change into uniform
- 7pm: Warm-up begins
- 8pm: Plume on the way to Ensemble
- 8:05pm: Full Ensemble
- 8:25pm: Uniforms, water and tune
- 8:35pm: Pit at Gate
- 8:45pm: Band at Gate
- 9:04pm: CHAMPIONSHIP PERFORMANCE!
- 9:20pm: Push back to truck, line up for awards (all seniors & leaders)
- 9:30pm: 3A Awards
- 10pm: Change, load truck
- 11pm: Bus departs Kingsburg HS
- 11:30pm: Arrive at Hotel, pizza is served
- We will be having pizza delivered to the hotel after we return from the competition on Saturday evening. Any parents and families that will be in town are welcome to join us! We’ll be in the hotel lobby of Hampton Inn.
- 12am: Lights Out!
Sunday, November 24th
- 7-9am: Free hot Breakfast in the hotel!
- 12:30pm: Grand Championships Begin
- 6:15pm: Grand Championships Full Retreat and Awards
- 7:30pm: Depart Kingsburg – Homeward Bound!
- 8:30pm: Stop for Dinner (on your own) on the road home
- 11pm: Arrive LCHS, Unload truck
- 11:30pm: Dismissal! Have a great Thanksgiving Break!
**Please note: if we do not qualify for Grand Championships, we will be heading home late-morning on Sunday for an arrival at LCHS in mid-afternoon. An email will be sent late Saturday evening after 3A Awards.**