Last Friday, the Marching Spartans gathered together for the first time in over a year! They had a quick rehearsal and played some great stand tunes at the flag football game! So good to see them together again! You can see photos on the Media Page.
Bravo to the music students for a wonderful Festival Radio Broadcast Concert last night! It’s amazing to think that all the students have created beautiful music without seeing or playing their instruments together.
Special shout outs go to Sydney W. for her great composition, A Promise of Tomorrow and to Henry T. for his arrangement of Bud on the Ledge and his editing of the performances.
Let’s hope that our world will continue to safely open and that we will be able to play music together as soon as possible!
Band and Guard have been cleared for the Flag Football Game (Juniors vs. Seniors) TONIGHT!
All Band/Guard students are now cleared to play their instruments at the game. If your student is interested and will feel safe and comfortable…
- Call time is at 6:15pm in the Band parking lot. NO STUDENTS are allowed inside the band room!
- Students to wear new band sweatshirt or dark colored jacket.
- One-time-use mask will be given to students upon arrival that will be cut with a slit for the mouthpiece to be worn when playing.
- Bring regular mask. (Regular masks will need to be worn over the cut mask when not playing.)
- Pick-up will be around 8:30pm. NO after game hang-outs on campus are allowed!
LCHS can permit four people from each players’ immediate family to enjoy the flag football game. You must wear a face mask and be socially distant from those not in your household.
The LA Phil Student Insider Program is offering free resources for students and families. See below:
- Applications are due April 5, 2021 for the LA Phil’s Composer Fellowship Program. This tuition-free program is open to students in the greater L.A. area who will be in grades 10–12 beginning fall 2021. The ideal fellow is creative, curious, and desiring to learn in community with other young musicians. Prior composition experience is not required.
- A new episode of Sound/Stage, the LA Phil’s free online concert series, is now available and more episodes will be released over the next couple of months. Each new episode includes interviews with Gustavo Dudamel, program notes, and family activities designed by our Learning department.
Dear Music Parents Association,
Our district Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) Committee is in the process of working on district-wide LCAP goals for the 2021-22 school year. The LCAP Committee would like to hear from you on these proposed DRAFT goals. Please listen to this brief video message from our Chief Technology Officer, Jamie Lewsadder.
After you have listened to this presentation, please complete this short survey by Monday, March 22nd letting us know if you have any feedback, suggestions, or comments. Thank you.
Karen Hurley and Jamie Lewsadder
Junior LCHS Band student, Henry T., participated in a virtual band in Dublin, Ireland.
The performance was broadcast on television in Ireland on St. Patrick’s Day. Check out the video.
So much happening right now! LCHS is opening up to in-person teaching on April 13th, and that means that Orchestra is back to in-person playing with a few modifications, such as one student to a music stand, distanced at 6 feet apart, and masked. I am looking forward to seeing as many students as possible! On Google Classroom, there is an Orchestra schedule so that you can see what days your student would be at school and also what they would be doing on their remote learning days.
Next Saturday is the broadcast of our Spring Festival Concert. So much care has gone into these performances, and I know you will be as proud of the students as I am when you listen to what they have made!
Have a wonderful week!