Please click on the link to fill out the registration, input the email you would like to use for communications, click the box to say you’d like to help and note the contributions necessary to make this program successful.
Thanks for your help and continued support of the Instrumental Music Program. We’re excited for the season to begin and can’t wait to work with your students (and you too!).
Note: forms and other information can be found here, for future reference.
Click for Online Registration
- Please read: it has all the info and program requirements that you will want to know.
- Please complete, sign, and return the Handbook Agreement Form.
- Please put all the dates on your calendar — all the football games, concerts, competitions, etc. are on that list for the 2019-20 school year.
Field Trip Form
- Please complete, sign, and return.
- We will need an original signature on this form.
Note: The Handbook form and the Field trip form can be dropped off to Sandy at the District Office anytime Monday through Thursday from about 7:30am to about 4pm from now until July 29th. If not, please bring them the first day of workshops! We leave for Band Camp on July 31st, so there’s not much time to remember when we return.
Volunteers Needed in July
We will need five or so parent helpers to help fit uniforms on the first two workshop days, Monday, July 29th and Tuesday, July 30th. We will begin at 11am and go through 12:30pm. No sewing or experience needed – only snaps for hemming. The more helpers we have, the more students get fitted for uniforms.
We will need two bus riders and a shuttle driver to get the students to Band Camp at Cal Poly Pomona on Wednesday, July 31st. The shuttle driver will need to follow the buses to Band Camp and then bring the bus riders and truck driver back to LCHS. We will leave at 9am on Wednesday, July 31st, and return around 11:30am. The shuttle driver should have a car/van that seats an additional four adults.
Note: We have a shuttle driver for Wednesday July 31st. We still need one for Friday, August 2nd.
We will need the same number of adults on the return trip coming back from Band Camp on Friday, August 2nd. Adults will need to meet at LCHS at 6:30pm, and return to campus around 9pm.
If you have never been to Band Camp, now is the time to check it out and see where your student will be spending their time.
If you are interested in volunteering for one of the above, please let Sandy Miller know.
Tuesday May 28th
7pm – Band Room
An informational meeting about the New York trip next Spring. All interested parents and students who will be in the 9-12 Band or 9-12 Orchestra in the 2019-2020 school year should attend.
The trip will be during Spring Break: April 4-8, 2020
Saturday, March 30th
- 12:30pm: Load Truck at High School
- Load props
- Bring snacks or anything extra you don’t want to pack in the luggage
Tuesday, April 2nd
- Please note: costume, shoes, headband, and anything needed for performance needs to be in your carry-on. Please follow Ms. A’s instructions.
- 6:30am: Meet at high school for Dog Snigg
- 6:45am: Load bus
- 8am: Arrive at LAX/check in luggage
- 10:25am: Fly to Indianapolis
- 5:30pm: Arrive in Indianapolis
- 11:30pm: Arrive in Dayton, OH
- 12am: Lights out
Wednesday, April 3rd
- Breakfast at hotel
- 6:08pm (Ohio Time): Prelims performance
- 2:45pm (California Time): Viewing party in the band room via livestream
Thursday, April 4th & Friday, April 5th
Saturday, April 6th
- Watch Open Class and World Class Finals
Sunday, April 7th
- 8am: Leave hotel, travel to Indianapolis
- 10am: Arrive in Indianapolis, check in for flight
- 12pm: Fly home
- 1:45pm: Arrive at LAX
Specific Details for the Dayton Trip:
Everyone must turn in a field trip form!
- To LAX (Tuesday): We will take a bus from the high school to LAX on Tuesday morning.
- From LAX (Sunday): For the return trip on Sunday, you must pick up your student from LAX or make arrangements with another family for carpool. Please make sure your daughter is aware of the way she is getting home. We all need to be on the same page. Thanks for your help.
We will be renting vans from Enterprise to transport the Guard from Indianapolis to Dayton, and then to rehearsal sites, meals, competition, and everything in between. Dr. Ewoldsen, Christy Stephen, Michael Stephen, and Sandy Miller have all been cleared by the District to drive students.
Rehearsal Site in Indianapolis
Franklin Central High School
6215 S. Franklin Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46259
Contacts: Eric Kellison, Asst. Principal / Derek Ellinger, Assoc. Director of Bands
Fairfield Inn & Suites
305 E. Monument Ave.
Dayton, Ohio 45402
The hotel has asked that the girls use the make-up wipes in the rooms vs. the washcloths.
We have purchased tickets for World Class Finals on Saturday evening. We will pick them up and distribute on Saturday. All other events that we watch will be free with the wristband that we receive as a group upon check-in.
We suggest about $200 for food and souvenirs. Please talk to your daughter about your expectations and spending.
We will be pretty flexible when it comes to meals. We are not on a “tour type” schedule, but will need to be at rehearsals and performances on time. Please encourage your daughter to share her preferences.
It is a suggestion that the girls bring something to snack on during the flight since we leave at 10:25am and will land at dinner time. It’s about a four-hour flight… but please don’t pack any liquids!
Dr. Mark Ewoldsen (admin/certificated staff): 818-468-8346
Christy Stephen: 818-515-3265
Sandy Miller: 626-318-9533
Mr. Stone: 760-793-1575
Mr. Stone will be in the band room starting at 2:45pm on Wednesday to livestream their performance. La Canada performs at 6:08 ET / 3:08 PT. Please join him and invite anyone else that might like to watch. If they move on, Mr. Stone will give details as to the next performance.
If you are not able to make it to the viewing party, but would still like to watch, you may subscribe to Flomarching.com. The website currently states that plans are as low as $12.50 (although we’re not certain what that includes) so check it out if you are interested.
Monday, March 25th
- 6:30-9pm: Musical Pit Rehearsal
Tuesday, March 26th
- 3:30-5:30pm: 7/8 Winter Drumline Rehearsal
- 5-9pm: Winter Guard Rehearsal
- 6-9pm: 9-12 Winter Drumline Rehearsal
Wednesday, March 27th
- 6:30-9pm: Jazz Band Rehearsal
Thursday, March 28th
- 3:30-5:30pm: 7/8 Winter Drumline Rehearsal (go home after for a bite, return at 7pm to help move equipment)
- 5-7pm: Winter Guard Rehearsal
- 6-7pm: 9-12 Winter Drumline Rehearsal
- 7pm Begin moving equipment
- 7:30pm: Winter Friends & Family Show
- Winter Guard, 7/8 Winter Drumline, 9-12 Winter Drumline to perform
- Winter Guard: Full uniform
- 9-12 Winter Dumline: Full uniform
- 7/8 Drumline: Black Tshirt, blue jeans
- South Gym
- Free admission!
- After Show: Winter Guard Dayton Trip Parent Meeting
Friday, March 29th
9-12 Drumline Competition – SCPA Prelims
- Click here to Volunteer
- 10:43am: Load truck during 3rd period
- Students will eat their lunch at their regular lunch period
- 12pm: Load Bus
- 12:10pm: Depart for CSUSB
- 1:40pm: Arrive at CSUSB – Change into uniform
- 2:24pm: Unload
- 3:04pm: Warmups pit and battery (Lot K)
- 3:30pm: Full ensemble
- 3:50pm: Pit packs up and departs for gate
- 4:14pm: Pre-stage
- 4:24pm: Perform
- 4:40pm: Load truck
- 5:30pm: Watch groups
- 6:50pm: Dinner
- 7:40pm: Awards
- 8:20pm: Load bus
- 8:30pm: Depart back to LCHS
- 9:15pm: Arrive at LCHS, unload truck
- Tickets: $20
- More Show Information
- Parking tip: At last weekend’s WGI Championships, CSUSB charged $3 to park in the structure (you had to purchase a day permit). You can park in Lot N for free. Just a head’s up.
After the Friends & Family show on Thursday, we will have a brief parent meeting regarding the Dayton trip. (We leave one week from Tuesday!)
We’ll have all the info for you, so please be there.
We fly out of LAX and were thinking a carpool would be a good idea. Check your calendars now to see if you can volunteer to either drop off at LAX on Tuesday, April 2nd (flight departs at 10:25am) or pick up at LAX on Sunday, April 7th (flight lands at 1:45pm). Let’s discuss on Thursday.
Just a friendly reminder that all payments for 7/8 Drumline ($50), 9-12 Winter Drumline ($500), and Winter Guard ($600 season & $1300 Dayton trip) are now due.
Please make checks payable to “LCHS MPA” and put in an envelope marked with your student’s name and group, and placed in the black locked box in the band room.
The Boosters fundraising money has now been deposited in the students’ accounts. Please contact Marshall Bohannon if you would like to use the funds in your student’s account.