Over the weekend, the SCSBOA All Southern California High School Honor groups streamed their performances. There are three freshman Orchestra members, Rachel C., Victoria P. violins; and Lucy K., cello, who participated in the Symphonic Orchestra performance of the Enigma Variations by Edward Elgar. Listen to their performance below. Bravo and Congratulations, girls!
The Band will perform at the home football game this Friday, April 9th.
- Call time: 6pm
- Wear white band shirt and band sweatshirt
- Bring a mask and social distance
- Bell covers & performance masks will be issued
- Game over approx. 9pm
- Remember, no “hang outs” on campus afterwards.
Band and Guard have been cleared for the Flag Football Game (Juniors vs. Seniors) TONIGHT!
All Band/Guard students are now cleared to play their instruments at the game. If your student is interested and will feel safe and comfortable…
- Call time is at 6:15pm in the Band parking lot. NO STUDENTS are allowed inside the band room!
- Students to wear new band sweatshirt or dark colored jacket.
- One-time-use mask will be given to students upon arrival that will be cut with a slit for the mouthpiece to be worn when playing.
- Bring regular mask. (Regular masks will need to be worn over the cut mask when not playing.)
- Pick-up will be around 8:30pm. NO after game hang-outs on campus are allowed!
LCHS can permit four people from each players’ immediate family to enjoy the flag football game. You must wear a face mask and be socially distant from those not in your household.
This performance has been cancelled.
Friday, March 19th
Drumline at the Home Football Game 6pm *Drumline only, no spectators (as of Monday, 3/15)
March 26th will be the premiere of our Festival Concert. Each of our groups will perform in this virtual concert – so mark your calendars now. The premiere will be on LCPlay+ under the “LCInstrumental” icon.
Here we are in the middle of March. At this point last year, things were put on hold and cancelled… but this year, we’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Let’s be patient and do what we can when we can! It’s exciting!
March 19th will be the premiere of our Festival Concert. Each of our groups will perform in this virtual concert – so mark your calendars now. The premiere will be on LCPlay+ under the “LCInstrumental” icon.
March 21st is the long-awaited Boost-a-Thon sponsored by the Spartan Booster Club. From the chatter around the district office, this seems to be an event you don’t want to miss. Many individuals have worked many, many hours to pull this off and we’re looking forward to seeing our students and hearing their stories. Mark your calendars!