The La Canada Spartan Boosters have released the names of the winners of the BoosterFest Raffle:
- First Prize: Linda O’Callaghan
- Second Prize: Dmitris Menemenlis
Third Prize: Leslie Dreher
The Band/Orchestra Program had the most sales of all groups participating! Over $11,000 in tickets were sold by a total of 72 students. Several of them will be able to apply a good amount of money towards their Ireland trip and other expenses related to the Instrumental Music Program.
We are ordering new parent shirts and jackets. They will not be group specific, but as the entire Instrumental Music Program.
- Shirts: Sport-Tek Micropique Sport-Wick Polo (Women’s and Men’s styles available) in dark red/maroon ($33 each)
- Jackets: Soft Shell Jacket resists wind and rain, zip front, no hood, fleece lining (Women’s and Men’s styles available) in black ($43 each)
The new logo will be embroidered on the left chest side.
We are still taking orders! Please click on the link and fill out the form. Please send a check made payable to “LCHS MPA” and place in the black locked box in the band room.
If you have any questions, please contact Sandy Miller.
- Call time for the Concert next Wednesday, October 25th is at 6pm
- Call time for Soloists for Urban Concerto Grosso is 5:45pm
- Concert dress
Concert begins at 7pm
Due to the likelihood of the auditorium not being available during class time on the day of the concert, Ms. Munday is asking that everyone be ready to play, seated, in your place with music and instrument at 6pm.
Thursday morning (tomorrow) during 0 period is our Halloween Breakfast for all Fall Concert performers, 7/8 & 9-12!
No instruments are needed on Thursday, but be ready to start rehearsing for our Winter Concerts on Friday!
If possible, please bring the items you signed up to donate for the breakfast to the concert tonight and place them on the table in the foyer of the auditorium.
Please click on the link in case you need to refresh your memory as to what you signed up to bring — or if you haven’t yet, now is the time to sign up. (Remember, the breakfast is for all 7/8 Orchestra and 9-12 Orchestra students.)
Thanks in advance to everyone for their donations, the students always enjoy yummy treats!
See you at the concert tonight in the LCHS Auditorium at 7pm!
2017 Annual Fall String Concert
Wednesday, October 25th
7pm – LCHS Auditorium
Please come support our Advanced and 7/8 Orchestra students in their first concert of the year! It’ll be a fine evening (in air conditioning) of wonderful music — and some spookiness too!
Advanced (9-12) Orchestra:
- Symphony No. 5, First Movement – Franz Schubert; Arranged by Brian Holmes
- Rumanian Folk Dances – Bela Bartok; Arranged for String Orchestra by Arthur Wilner *Featuring Student Solist
- Monster Mash – Words and Music by Bobby Pickett and Leonard Capizzi; Arranged by Bob Phillips *Featuring Student Narrator, and Assorted Monsters
- Urban Concerto Grosso – Brian Balmages for electric string quintet and orchestra *Featuring Student Soloists
The Combined 7/8 & Advanced Orchestras:
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Words and Music by Justin Timberlake, Max Martin, and Shellback; Arranged by Larry Moore