New for the 2020-21 school year… the Instrumental Music Program yearbook!
This is not the entire school (Omega) yearbook, but a yearbook
just for the Instrumental Music Program!
- 7-12 grades (for all groups & students in the program)
- Hardback, 104 color pages
- Cost will be ~$35
- Individual Senior Pages (~$15) will be available
Included will be:
- Disneyland trips
- Ireland trip
- Winter Retreat
- Football Games
- 7/8 Night and more!
Please start gathering your digital images from the Fall of 2015 to now for uploading to Google Drive. A link with folders will be coming your way soon!
We are looking for pictures of kids in groups of two or more, preferably with all faces visible!
If you are interested in helping Deb Parker with this amazing project, please email her and put “Yearbook” in the subject.
Let’s celebrate all the good we have experienced over the years with this fabulous yearbook. More info to follow in the coming weeks!
The Instrumental Music Program has several students receiving various awards:
SCSBOA All-Southern California Honor Orchestra:
- Lucy K. – 9th grade – cello
- Rachel C. – 9th grade – violin
- Victoria P. – 9th grade – violin
National Merit Scholarship Finalists:
- Ian B. – viola
- Trinity C. – viola
- Michael L. – violin
Scholastic Silver Key Medal winner in Painting:
Isabella K. – 9th grade – Flute in Band and Orchestra
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!
This practice test is for ALL students. Students do not need to be music program or LCHS students, so invite your friends! (All students need to say they are registering for the “LCHS MPA Fundraiser”).
At $20, this is a GREAT deal for every student from Freshmen and Sophomores who want exposure to the tests, to Juniors and Seniors to take multiple times to prep for the actual tests, and to decide whether they test better on SAT or ACT.
All proceeds go to the Music Parents Association, so sign-up today!
February 27, 2021
Register by February 25th
9am to 1pm
Choose: ACT or SAT.
Price: $20 (Fundraiser for the LCHS Instrumental Music Program)
Location: Live online via Zoom. Registered students will receive an email two days before the test, including a test to download, answer sheets to print, and login instructions.
After registering, please email Jean Stroud with registered test taker’s name, and with the referring instrumental student. Please do this step so the instrumental music student can get credit for your registration.
If you have questions, please contact Jean Stroud, Revolution Prep Academic Advisor, at 818-217-0951 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the last few MPA meetings, discussions have been had about why the MPA does what it does and why we rely on support from our families and ask for the donations that we do.
Our Instrumental Program is in the business of educating, encouraging, and inspiring kids to be a part of something bigger than just an individual going through high school. We provide staff, instruments, music, and so much more to continue that work.
It’s about the building of great people in a great community, and has never been about winning a competition. We are constantly striving to put out great events and shows, which I think is much better than first place (although first place is fun too). I always look at the donations as an investment in the students and in making them great adults.
Thank you for your support.
~ Mr. Stone
Refunds and Vouchers are in progress – you may have received your student’s already.
Here’s some information you may need to know:
- If you canceled your 2020 NYC trip and didn’t roll over to the 2021 NYC trip, you received a $400 voucher to be used on future trips, and the balance of funds was returned to the participant.
- If you were on the 2021 NYC trip, since it was cancelled, you will receive a $200 voucher to be used on future trips, and the balance of funds was returned to the participant. These refunds should have begun already and should be complete by the end of the week.
- The vouchers are in the name of each participant on either of the trips. They can be used on future trips with Encore. Encores only stipulation is that only one voucher can be used for each participant.
- Our thought when the vouchers came about last year, was to work out deals between those that have vouchers and are not going on the trip and those that are going on the trip and don’t have a voucher (For example, Student A has graduated and Student B is a new Freshmen. Student B purchases Student A’s voucher at face value). Hopefully we can get all the vouchers taken care off in this manner. I did have a family that offered their voucher to aid a future traveler, and that works out as well. As long as I have the name of the voucher holder and the name of the new traveler, the transfer is an easy move for Encore.
- The voucher exchange, once complete, would then see that everyone would get a full refund. Please be patient with the process as our hope is to get everyone a complete refund through the exchange of vouchers.
In response to the the cancellation of the 2020 NYC trip, had the District cancelled the trip prior to the shut down, Encore would not have needed to give back as much as they did and each participant would’ve lost a large portion of the cost of the trip, rather than getting it all back. It was more advantageous to our position to let the shut down cancel the trip.
The next order date is February 8th. This fundraiser benefits your student’s account.
If you have questions, please contact Ceci Nava.
MPA Meeting tonight – Monday, February 8th, at 7pm.
New this year are Valentine Music-Grams!
Don’t know what to get your special someone or just a friend? How about a Music-Gram? What is a Music-Gram? A video with an LCHS Marching Band member playing “Careless Whisper” by George Michael. You can also add a personalized message for an additional charge. Videos are sent by email to the recipient.
Fill out the google form and pay by Venmo! Easy and COVID friendly! Only $5 each!
Refunds from the New York trip should be coming within the next two weeks. Refunds will come back to the credit card used to pay for the trip. If you used another method, then that will be mailed to you. The $200 voucher will also be mailed to each participant to be able to be used on a future Encore trip (Ireland 2022 is in the works).