October 12th starts the opening of conditioning and training for many of our teams on campus. In discussing this with our LCHS administration team, here are the highlights:
- One coach/instructor per 10 students is considered a cohort
- Coach/Instructor can only work with one cohort
- Students are to be in one cohort only
- Training to take place outside. No access to the interior of buildings.
- There is a waiver to sign and health protocols in place each time the cohort comes onto campus to train.
What does that mean for Instrumental Music Programs?!?
As long as we follow the protocols and all students remain in masks while in a rehearsal, we can meet in-person, outdoors in small groups for those students and parents who are comfortable with in-person rehearsals.
Wind players playing their instruments is still not allowed at this time.
We will be assessing this new system this week and come up with a plan for the Instrumental Program groups that can meet (Drum Line, Color Guard, Orchestra).
Please be patient with us as we discuss the protocols that need to be in place to keep staff and students safe. We will have a plan soon. Once we have a plan, we will have a mandatory meeting for all parents and students to go over the plan and answer any questions.
Thanks again for your patience!