This is an easy way for your student to earn money in their student account for next semester and start earning dollars for next year’s activities!
Revolution Prep is proctoring SAT and ACT practice tests at LCHS on two separate dates. The cost is $20 per test and the full amount is given back to the MPA. For you and any students you refer, you will get the full amount put into your personal account.
Here is what you need to do:
- Spread the word below to your friends outside of the program.
- When your friends register, make sure that they email to say that you referred them, so you can get the credit.
- Get started now and be the first to let your friends know about this great opportunity to practice for the exam!
Saturday, January 18th AND February 1st, 2020
9am to 12:30pm
Choose: ACT or SAT on either date. Register for both dates if you wish.
Price: $20 each exam (Fundraiser for the LCHS Instrumental Music Program)
Bring: pencils, a calculator, water, a snack and a smart phone (if possible) to score your test before you leave!
After registering, please email Jean Stroud with registered test taker’s name, and with the referring instrumental student. Please do this step so you can get credit for your registration.
If you have questions, please contact Jean Stroud, Revolution Prep Academic Advisor, at 818-217-0951 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7/8 Band & Orchestra Winter Concert w/ ALF
We need a couple of 7/8 parents to help serve the pizza dinner for all 7/8 students and all ALF students. We will set up at 4:30pm in the Cafeteria and we’ll be finished by 6:30pm so everyone will be able to attend the concert! If you are willing, please contact Nadia Ali.
9-12 Band & Orchestra Winter Spectacular
We will be having a reception after the Winter Spectacular for all students and audience members.
All 9-12 Band and Orchestra families, please click on the link to sign-up!
Monday, December 9th
Tuesday, December 10th
- 11am-2pm: Poinsettia Deliveries
- 3-6pm: Poinsettia Pickup
- 3:30-4:30pm: 7/8 Color Guard Rehearsal
- 5:30-8:30pm: Winter Guard Rehearsal
- NO Front Ensemble Rehearsal (9-12 Winter Marching Drumline)
- 7:30-9pm: Shortened Battery Rehearsal (9-12 Winter Marching Drumline)
School Board Meeting Performance
- Meet at District Office at 6:45pm
- Bring instrument
- Wear black Band sweatshirt
- Finished at approx. 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, December 11th
7/8 Band and Orchestra Winter Concert (with ALF)
- Call time: 4:45pm – Band Room
- 5pm: Band eats in Cafeteria / Orchestra rehearses on stage
- 6pm: Orchestra eats in Cafeteria / Band rehearses on stage
- 6:45pm: Doors open
- 7:00pm: Concert Begins
Thursday, December 12th
9-12 Band and Orchestra Winter Spectacular
- 6pm: Call time for Band – on stage ready for rehearsal
- 6:30pm: Call time for Orchestra
- 7pm: Concert begins
If you are planning to use any of your student funds for the NYC trip you MUST:
- Email Marshall Bohannon by December 19th!
- Please put Attn: STUDENT ACCOUNT – NYC in the subject line!
The MPA has to mail the check with all students funds to ENCORE TOURS before the end of the year.
We will not be able to apply any student funds to the NYC Trip after December 19th. Thank you for your cooperation!
If you chose Delivery on your Order:
Deliveries will be made in the window of 11am and 2pm on Tuesday, December 10th.
If you chose Pickup on your Order:
Please remember to pick up your Poinsettia order between 3pm and 6pm in the parking lot off of Foothill Blvd. (Band/senior lot) on Tuesday, December 10th.
If you Forgot to Order:
We will be selling additional poinsettias, while supplies last, at the 7/8-ALF Concert on Wednesday, and the 9-12 Concert on Thursday.
If you have questions, please contact Rose Malmberg.
Poinsettias will be delivered on Tuesday, December 10th!
Please remember to pick up your Poinsettia order between 3pm and 6pm in the parking lot off of Foothill Blvd. (Band/senior lot).
- Help drive to deliver Poinsettias, 11am-2pm on December 10th
- Help with the pick up process, 3-6pm on December 10th
- Help with the sell off of additional plants at 7/8-ALF Concert on Wednesday, or 9-12 Concert on Thursday
If you are available and willing, or have questions, please contact Rose Malmberg.
Please join us for a fun and festive holiday concert featuring all the high school instrumental students this Thursday, December 12th at 7pm in the LCHS auditorium.
You will be able to enjoy traditional holiday music played in classical and jazz styles. Audrey L. is the amazing violin soloist in the concerto, “Winter,” from Vivaldi’s Four Seasons accompanied by our chamber orchestra, Camerata La Canada.
I guarantee you will enjoy this special holiday concert! I’ll see you there!
I’m looking forward to this week of events and celebrations. Our musicians have wonderful concerts planned for all of you this week and I look forward to seeing you all at each event. It’s going to be wonderful way to get in the holiday spirit and finish up our first half of the year! Have a great week and see you at the concerts.
Payment Due at End of 1st Semester
It’s time to start thinking about the Winter Retreat! The dates will be after school on Friday, January 24th through Sunday afternoon, January 26th.
There will be lots of fun in the mountains, practice of upcoming Festival music, have special coaching sessions, lots of good food and snacks, and super fun times with your friends.
The cost is $325 per student. If you haven’t already paid, now is the time. Checks should be made out to “LCHS MPA,” and put in the black box in the Band Room.
If any parents would like to volunteer to chaperone, please contact Yvonne Lim.
NOTE: There is a new enrollment code below, as of September 1st.
The next order date is December 9th. This fundraiser benefits your student’s account. This is a trip year… Start planning now!
If you have questions, please contact Ceci Nava.