Write Up – L.A. Times
Mr. Stone’s Thought of the Week…
This Friday, come catch the final home run of this year’s field show, Rapunzel. The show begins at 6pm and ends around 6:30pm. After the show, we will load up all our equipment, props, luggage, and students and head to Fresno for Championships. We perform Saturday night at 9:17pm, so send good thoughts. Hope to see the stands packed with many smiling faces! I’m looking forward to a great ending to a fabulous season (and also to sleeping in on Monday!).
Volunteers Needed for Championships – At Home AND in Clovis
We will need donations of food and helpers to set-up, serve, and clean-up for the meal on Friday. Please contact Sheryl Madonna if you are available and willing. She will let you know what is needed.
Saturday Group Dinner:
This dinner will be a pre-performance meal with pasta, marinara sauce, bread, and fruit. (Vegan and gluten-free.) This meal is provided by the Championship donations.
We are looking for the big Costco-sized snacks to take to Clovis to hand out to the kids at various times throughout the weekend. Any kind of snack is fine – bring your student’s favorite. Please let Sheryl Madonna know if you are interested in bringing a snack.
We are still looking for a couple more bus riders… What about you? It’s an easy ride – think nap time. 🙂 Please let Sandy know if you are interested.
Parents with rooms reserved in the parent block will be assigned rooms to check on both nights.
As always, we will need parents to help plume, gauntlet, and push equipment. Hoping some of you planning on attending will be able to help.
Thank you to all of the families who have helped this marching season! The students and staff are appreciative of all that you do — we couldn’t have done it without you!
Ms. Munday’s News & Notes…
For 9-12 Orchestra:
Please return the form and money for Winter Retreat by Friday, November 17th.
Ireland registration should be completed by Friday, November 17th.
Advanced Orchestra – Winter Retreat
Click here for the medical form.
Your student should register on Google Classroom.
The fee is now due. Please make out a check for $185, payable to, “LCHS MPA.” Please put the check and form in the black lock box in the band room. Thank you to everyone who has already completed this. We would like to have everyone signed up and paid before Thanksgiving Break.
Monday, November 13th
7pm – Band Room
The MPA holds monthly meetings to discuss and plan events for the Instrumental Music Program. Without this organization, the Instrumental Music Program would not exist. Find out about all the happenings… Hope to see you there!
Adv. Orchestra – Volunteer Needs
- Elementary Tour: We will need several parents to ride the bus to/from the elementary sites and experience the Orchestra’s performance at each of the sites. This trip is always enjoyed by the elementary students and the high school students as well. We will meet at the high school at 7:30am, and will return to the high school at the end of the school day.
- Winter Spectacular Refreshments: We will need volunteers to organize the refreshments that we serve after the Winter Spectacular on December 8th. We need helpers in the planning, set-up, serving, and tear-down of the refreshments.
- Winter Retreat: We are looking for several volunteers to travel with us on the Winter Retreat, January 19th-21st. It’s a fun trip to the mountains and you get to observe all the hard work of the students! There is no cost to chaperone this trip.
If you are interested in volunteering at any of the above activities, please contact Cecilia Cheng.
2017 Friends & Family Show
2017 Marching Spartans Friends & Family Show
Friday, November 17th ~ 6pm
La Canada High School Stadium
4463 Oak Grove Dr.
La Cañada, CA 91011
This is the final home performance under the lights for the Marching Spartans 2017 field show, “Rapunzel.” The show features music from Edvard Grieg’s Peer Gynt Suite, and Radiohead’s Creep. The band and color guard will be led on the field by Senior Drum Major Bryan Guan. This year’s show puts forth champion showmanship… There’s even Rapunzel’s tower with 55’ of her hair!
The band will leave Friday, following the show, to compete in the Western Band Association Championships in Clovis, CA.
Admission is free.
Facebook Group Guidelines
This is a closed group and we will do our best to post info and announcements… This is just another way to communicate with our Music family. It is a closed group for our use only.
Facebook Use – Guidelines:
It was great seeing so many of you at our recent Blaze Pizza night and thanks to those sharing the flyer with your friends on your Facebook page! However, we have been contacted by one of the groups where some of you posted our Blaze Pizza flyer, and informed that too many of us were posting and they wanted to ban us from posting again.
So, we have discussed and come up with this plan for Facebook…
- We will use our Communications VP, Michele Wilcox to post all publicity for fundraisers, special concerts, etc. on behalf of MPA.
- Which means… please feel free to promote all Band/Orchestra/Instrumental Music activities on your personal pages. Michele will take care of promoting activities to group pages, such as the La Canada High School Parents page.
- Some circumstances require extra publicity and outreach (think Dinner Show) and we would ask that you coordinate with Michele to keep all the admins of the various group pages happy. 🙂
- Per District guidelines, pictures may be shared/posted, but students should not be individually identified, which means no name listed.
- Thank you for following these guidelines and supporting the LCHS Instrumental Program!
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Wilcox.